Header Ads

Music can makes feel better but How do you use music in your life?

Best moment to take the vibrating healing particles from music


“I crank up the music Saturday mornings and get the house cleaned. Music is a huge motivator to keep exercising as well!”

This was posted by a Facebook friend in response to the most recent post I shared on that site.

So, how do you use music?

Sometimes music is the silence.  As Rilke so eloquently shared with us “I am the rest between two notes.” Here is the complete poem:

My life is not this steeply sloping hour,
in which you see me hurrying.
Much stands behind me; I stand before it like a tree;
I am only one of my many mouths,
and at that, the one that will be still the soonest.

I am the rest between two notes,
which are somehow always in discord
because Death’s note wants to climb over—
but in the dark interval, reconciled,
they stay there trembling.
And the song goes on, beautiful.”
~ Rainer Maria Rilke, The Selected Poetry of Rainer Maria Rilke

Hazrat Inayat Khan, a Sufi mystic, shares, “The way in which man can find his own place is to tune his instrument to the keynote of the chord to which he belongs” (The Music of Life, Hazrat Inayat Kahn, p. 3, Omega Publications). To put that in more inclusive terminology: The way in which I find my own place is to tune my instrument to the keynote of the chord to which I belong.

This statement has broad ramifications.  AND these musical terms are metaphors for your life.

What is your instrument?  What is your keynote?  What is your chord?

In other words, what sounds resonate with and for you?  What sound or song grounds you in times of distress? When you hear a song on the radio or a CD/mp3 you’re playing, what is it that attracts you to that song?  What do you hear and feel?  The deep low beats and sustaining rhythm of the bass, the melodic line, the harmonies or the interconnectedness of the whole creation? Maybe certain words of the lyrics attract your attention.  Sometimes there is a timbre or sensation that is the connecting factor, and there are no clear or distinct tones, lyrics or sounds.

When you hear birdsong in the early morning hours, what is your response?  When you hear rain upon your roof, what sensations flow through your body?

Sound isn’t just about “music” as we typically define it.  The “dawn chorus” of birds singing in the middle of summer, peepers chirping in the late spring and early summer, katydids making their presence known – all of these are sounds that can touch us and be music to our ears.

What moves you????!!!
i like this article Found on web

No comments